Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Giver (response)

If I lived in a community where I would have to choose my job for the rest of my life I would be horrified.  Twelve years old, you have gotta' be kidding me.  I don't think that any twelve year old is ready to choose their future careers because most kids our age aren't fully matured yet.  We have a sixth grade education, no money and have never thought twice before about getting a job.  I understand if kids say they want to be a professional wrestler, or baseball player when they grow up.  Those kinds of things are dreams.  I don't think kids at the age of twelve are ready to make a decision on what they want to do for a living because a lot of them can barely make it by each semester on grades.  We still have a lot of years left in life.  We have no experience what so ever in working in an actual job.  I also don't think any of us would be able to handle all the things a job requires and the responsibilities we have.
A lot of kids our age (twelve) say that they know what their job is going to be and what kind of life they are going to have when they get older.  More than half of those kids just relate to things the find "cool" and have seen on TV or they relate it to something they enjoy like sports, fashion, cars.  A lot of kds get sucked into these kinds of things because they see a lot of other kids do it, so they think they have to do it so they won't look  different.
If I had to choose a life assignment ir job I would want to be an engineer.  I would want this to be my assignment because I love to work with mechanics.  I think it would be the perfect assignment for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment