Friday, October 22, 2010

To much contact in football?

Over the past few weeks football players have been getting concusions and serious injuries because of head to head combat with the helmets. Even though these players are wearing helmets they still get pretty banged up. I realized that football could be one of the most dangerous sports if you are not careful. Last week a college student from Rutgers University got paralyzed from the neck down by a devastating blow. I uderstand that some people think that football is a contact sport and I agree with you, but I don't think it is a sport were the players should go headfirst as fast as they can into other players. This past week 5 players in the NFL will not be playing in this weeks game because they are out with concussions. Two of the players are from the same team!!!! All I'm saying is that the players should be more careful on how and where they hit. Please comment and tell me what you think about the aggresiveness in football.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Nick,

    Mariah and I liked your blog post alot. Oh yeah about aggressiveness in football not very sure. I hate hard play. So that answers your question and once again nice blog!keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick,
    This post proves good points why football is agressive, but that is why football is called the gridiron sport. Football can be agressive, but football is the most watched sport in the United States so people will love it when a player gets hurt. Great post though.
    Jacob

    ReplyDelete