Monday, January 3, 2011

#1 Goal for the New Year: To Win the Basketball State Championships

My number one goal for the new year is to win the state championships for my basketball team.  This is my #1 goal because I have been playing basketball for more than 5 years and the closest I have came to winning it all was right there in 2nd place.  I have been craving a championship for more than 2 years.  This year I am very confident that my team and I will come out victorious.  Over the past years I realized  many things must be done to have a chance to play in the championships.  You have to be dedicated to practicing, you have to give 150% all the time, and you have to get your whole team involved because there is no I in Team.  My team and I have been training hard for months.  Every practice is hardcore and fatal because we need to shape up if we want a chance in the championships.  If we don't work together as a team and don't try our best the other teams will eat us up when we play.  The compettion is brutal; there are some teams that will physically hurt you and others that will mentally hurt you.  The way to handle this is to block everything out of your mind and give it everything you got.  My dad always told me to play my heart out.  I have my goals high and it's just a matter of time before I reach the top!!


No comments:

Post a Comment